Alex,

Once again you are responding from the demographic we share, the "odd
intellectual" :) ?

Non-linear thinking (and texts - is it best to treat them both as the same
> thing?) can be seen "fork" in a garden path.

I think the fact tiddlywiki supports non-linear records and concepts
ignores that fact it is also very good at any type of structure such as
list/hierarchical, networks etc..., or no structure at all. This is the
deficit model of description, the market is not good at "non-linear" so we
define tiddlywiki as "non-linear" although it goes far beyond that. I
wonder if tiddlywiki's catch phrase attracts more artists (with a tech
bent) than techies as a result?

> In TiddlyWiki we have "missing links" and "orphans" but we don't have a
> way of tracking hierarchies of tags. We can have a tiddler supported by
> multiple tags and some of those tags might be intended to mark position in
> a hierarchy. Jumping from a tiddler to a tag and then to another tag is a
> more difficult navigation than following the same number of links. Going up
> and down the ladder of abstraction only makes sense when there are small
> visible steps. I was thinking of situations, mechanisms and behaviors to
> make hyper-textual leaps up the ladders of abstraction and then along a few
> forked paths. And the other way, trying to trace a way down to solid ground
> from a far out thought.

We can do what we want in Tiddlywiki, I thus cant agree with this
paragraph, ask and we can provide, if not already.

> I am most grateful for the TiddlyVerse for sparking my imagination. Like
> many folk round the world I've not been getting out much recently...
> perhaps I've completely lost it!

Me too Alex, and for me it's value includes also sparking your (and others)
imaginations.

Regards
Tony