Dave,

   - You use value={{||New Tiddler 1}}
   - This is uncommon, I think you want the value to equal the content of New
   Tiddler 1 ?
   - *Use this without the "||" {{New Tiddler 1}} the default field is text*
   - you could equally say {{New Tiddler 1!!text}} or any other fieldname,
   but text is default
   - The other use is often called a template
      - {{||New Tiddler 1}} means transclude the contents of "New Tiddler
      1" with here the currentTiddler here.
      - {{othertiddler||New Tiddler 1}} means transclude the contents of
      "New Tiddler 1" with "othertiddler" the currentTiddler.

The bold item is possible you answer, or a start the rest background
knowledge I recommend learning.

I do not have the setup to fully test you solution.

Regards
Tony