Here I've tried several different ways to get a variable into Tobibeer's
Sparkl plugin (a TW5 version of the old TWC sparklines tiny graph thing)

http://tobibeer.github.io/tw5-plugins/#sparkl

Here's several attempts:
\define sprk2(val)
<$sparkl values="$val$"/> $val$ :: <$sparkl values="13 7 19 15"/>
\end

\define sprk()
<$macrocall $name=sprk2 val="{{||vasSumGraph}}"/>
\end

..<<sprk>>..

1) {{||vasSumGraph}}

2) <<sparkl "{{||vasSumGraph}}">>

3) <<sparkl "13 7 19 15">>

4) <$sparkl values="{{||vasSumGraph}}"/>

5) <$sparkl values="13 7 19 15"/>

with the following results:

You can see in the top one the $val$ successfully passes the info, and when
the real info is entered in to the widget directly that works too, but when
you put the $val$ into the widget it fails.

I've looked for similar questions and suspect I have to maybe use "<$set"
somehow, but can't seem to figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
- Dave