You could do a regex instead of a tag, looking to see if text starts with
*\define
xxxxx(*

You could have a second button, that does the navigation part.

You could close all the other tiddlers.

You could tag the macro with your own macro tag (e.g. $:/tags/mymacros)

You could edit $:/core/ui/PageTemplate so that it doesn't import macros
that have a "don't import" tag or field. Then the user can "activate" the
macro by removing that tag/field, either by hand or with a button.