Ste,

I am using whitespace theme and stories plugin. Using whitespace theme you
have the option to have sidebar at the left or at the right. I have sidebar
on the left. I do not have a mobile but on a small screen I get the page
controls in the bottom - but the sidebar arrow does not work, that is true.

Have you tried using the mono theme, I think you might find it a better
fit. I am using it with stroll.

Birthe