Ok, that is an easy enough work-around.  But it leads me to another
question.  What is the difference between the "save changes" in the
right menu, and the "save" in the Backstage menu at the top?  When you
hover over the links, they are described as:
Save Changes (right menu): "Save all tiddlers to create a new
TiddlyWiki"
Save (backstage menu): "Save your changes to this TiddlyWiki"

They sound a lot like "Save As" and "Save" in Windows.