> - When several tiddlers are open those with closed content pressed at
> right or left reveal small color bars that seem part of the content like
> tag is not hidden. May be you need to set a minimum/maximum width for the
> title ribbon to display only title and hide everything else

Could you please attach a screenshot showing the glitch you are
experiencing?
This is what I get when I open all the tiddlers from the tutorial:
https://i.imgur.com/WNHzAe2.png

- The backlinks from stream items are displayed as long numbers. While I
> understand these are small tiddlers store the stream items, but showing
> such numbers on source tiddlers make no sense! You should back link to the
> host tiddler keep the stream items. Understanding those long numbers and
> follow back is difficult.

In tiddly research every node tiddler has a unique ID that is indipendent
from the parent title.
Using unique ID's for every node is better for moving/rearranging them in
other tiddlers (the anki cards generated from tiddlywiki also use the same
unique ID).
A way you can quicly preview the content of a reference is by hovering on
it while pressing SHIFT.
Let me know if this works for you.