Bimlas,

It is interesting in some ways you ask this question because tiddlywiki
surely lets you have your cake and eat it too?

   - <$browse multiple> lets you import more than one "text" file at a time
   directly into tiddlywiki, as does drag and drop
   - I believe a few tweaks should allow you to make an exporter to export
   only the text field to a filename = to the title, even multiples at once.
   - I believe we could build an importer that allows you to drop files on
   a "folder" which adds a prefix to every file there in emulating folders
   within tiddlywiki
   - Tiddlydesktop all so allows a lot more interaction with the local
   system including viewing content or executing programs and scripts
   including your command shell.
   - With the new ZIP feature its possibly to pack tiddlers into a zip file
   export and unzip in place, including folders created
   - Even just file:///C:/ in a browser tab allows you to drag and drop the
   full path and filename from its directory listing
      - Then placing this inside a html object on Tiddlydesktop allows you
      to browse the content
      - <object data="file:///C:/Data/ScratchArea/testme.txt" width="100%"
      ></object>
      - You can even copy and paste from these external files to include in
      a new tiddler you later export to a new file.
      - I am keen to find a way to scrape this content into tiddlywiki as
      well.
   - You can print to a generic plain text printer to generate new text
   files
   - Bob gives you a fileserver and some talk recently included saving back
   to the files.
   - Node automatically generates static tiddlers via a template and serves
   them into the browser
      - I am confident you could use a template to have text files
      available at a static web address as well

But of course understanding your full needs we could make some custom
solutions for you.

One of my current tricks on windows is;

   - to have a custom exporter that generates a JSON of all tiddlers
   matching a filter, and saves according to a pre-coded filename.
      - This could of course generate a ZIP with files and folders as well.
   - The download includes the filename, now as a rule before I save over
   an existing file or look for the correct folder I place windows explorer in
   the appropriate folder (Eg TiddlyWiki Intranet folder) and start typing
   that filename in the search.
   - The search facility finds the file in its location, if it matches the
      one in the file save dialogue I click it and save over it, there by
saving
      in the correct location as well as filename. I see if the file is in more
      than one location and can make a choice.
   - This method is quick, easy and reliable an I am successfully
   maintaining a library of hundreds if not thousands of files this way,
   organised within folders. I spend very little time now using "hunt and
   peck" to find the correct files.

Almost All of the above is valid on the single file and node wiks.

Regards
Tones