Ok, I am going on another route... but cant quite get it...

there is a line:

fmt: "__''%subject%''__\n^^posted by %who% on %when%^^\n<<<\n%message%
\n<<<\n",

which make the comment write into the tiddler thusly:

__comment subject__ linck 12:55pm Monday, 2010 <<<this is my
message>>>

So, I figure maybe I can rewrite it so it spits out:

<data>{"testfield":"comment subject and comment message"}</data>

Something like this:

fmt: "<data>{"testfield":"+"''%subject%''}"+ "posted by %who% on %when
%^^\n<<<\n%message%\n<<<\n"+"</data>

but I am not having much luck....