Mohammad, alas that is not the issue either; I had already tried entering
"master" and "main" as well as leaving the branch field blank in my
settings. I also tried creating a /wiki/ folder in case that would make a
difference. For what it's worth, I just tried downloading a fresh empty
tw5, and saving to github (with same credentials). 401 always. So it must
be something about my GitHub account or how it's handling authorization
tokens (though I've also tried with my overall GitHub password, with no
luck). I'm not trying to treat tw google groups as GitHub tech support, but
I'm following up here partly in case others run into the same issue. And of
course I'll follow up with another post if I resolve the problem.
-Springer