Ed Et Al

Interesting conversation.

A few of my own reflections

   - When typing ideas using camel case to represent a compound idea with
   further details to be provided in the link, is a nice short hand,
   especially when I plan to expand on it.
   - Before I create a new tiddler I may edit the camel case word into a
   [[full link]], but until then it (Camel case) is auto-highlighted. Or I may
   add some spaces and make it no longer a camel.
   - If not for publishing, just organising and quick relationship
   development it is great.
   - Variables and macros which are not for public consumption but define
   the workings is also useful
   - No leading capital such as currentTiddler is also a way to compound
   ideas and link two words as is camel case, it says something about the
   content. ie since we use currentTiddler, you will also find storyTiddler
   currentTab and other variables (but this is not camel case)
   - For example I would not use BookMarks but I may use W3CBookmarks to
   qualify it and perhaps make it a tag
   - With the relink plugin its easy to rename a tiddler that was camel
   case into a sentence, when you are happy converting it to readable text,
   and for tag names.
      - People often put the full text in a tiddler and transclude it, this
      with this  method {{FullExplanationTransclusion}} camel case is easier.
      - If you use the titles as sentences and text themselves camelcase is
      not as important (try it - its fun) , because the name is the content and
      the content the name.
   - Using camel case can be a way to differentiate when naming tiddlers or
   tags when coding
   - Remember the EditorToolbar option to wrap the selection in [[ ]]
   - As others have said a wiki word and its resultant tiddler is a
   shortcut, and pretty links [[I am pretty|IAMNotPretty]] is especially
   important when the tiddler is a concept, this is because you will often
   need other text whenever you use it, but it is easier to recall the camel
   case [[Concepts in TiddlyWiki|WikiConcept]] [[See Wiki
   Concepts|WikiConcept]]
   - It helps in searching to know when you may be looking for a tiddler
   rather than vanilla text "WikiC" will not find all the tiddlers beginning
   "Wiki C" only the camelCase versions.

Regards
Tones