My disjointed 2 cents:

The names "TiddlyWiki" and "Tiddler" got a few chuckles from my manager
when I proposed it as a solution for an internal Wiki/Knowledge Base, then
we moved on. It's a funny and unique name, but I don't think it's
necessarily that bad once that initial bump has been passed over. Now I
just say "Wiki". I didn't know Wiki was perceived as outdated. So in that
sense, I agree with whoever gave the example of construction jargon.

My first reaction to "xememex" was to re-read it a few times to figure out
how to read it (granted, I barely slept and haven't had coffee yet). It is
easy to type once I figured out where to put the e and the m and the x, but
that's the only benefit to the current name. People pronounce GIF two ways
as well, so maybe the pronunciation aspect of it isn't as bad. How often
would one communicate the name in writing vs speech? "Meme" screams funny
images with text, but that connotation might just be a fad.

That being said, reading through the replies, I feel that the renaming
brainstorm is focusing on power-users and developers as the "target
audience". What is being sought exactly with the name change? To make
people in the google group like the name and make things easier for the
devs, or popularize the platform? I think defining this needs to be a
priority before starting to brainstorm names. In that sense, maybe
crowdfunding and paying a branding/communication consultant might be
something to consider? It reminds me of a time when software engineers made
design decisions, before UX Research was a thing. I say this as a
non-programmer outsider-type who is just interested in organizing his crap,
slowly trying to wrap my head around TW.

I tried to brainstorm in vain. I thought that maybe keeping the "TW" in
some shape or form would make sense (TW+Quine=Twine? [already exists]
qTwine? Qwine?) or keeping the "Tid" part, "Wiktid'? It could be even used
as a verb: "I wiktid my thoughts". "Let me wiktid what you just said". As
you can see, my brain cells are starting to give out.