Yeah, being ever-afraid of any tweaks that might break something, that is
why i opted for the built-in customisation option over that CSS-override
solution... But thanks anyway, @makiaea for pointing it out.

AND, speaking of my fear of breakage, a related question for me is,
regarding any styling changes that i apply thru control panel affordances,
i wonder: can i rest assured that they will persist through any version
upgrades or plugin installs that i might later perform?

/walt