The TiddlyWeb syncadaptor plugin calls those URLs to interact with the node
server. The node server loads tiddlers marked as "module-type: route" and
maps them as handlers to those urls. The browser should be calling
"/var/www/html/recipes/*default*/tiddlers.json" in order to get handled. If
your wiki is loading, but the calls to "/status", etc are not getting back
to the node server, then I'm not sure where the block would be.

Hope that helps,
Joshua Fontany