Mario covered how to add the radio button, for the filter I would use
regexp (regular expression search). So instead of directly checking *status*
with
*status{$:/temp/ExampleCodingMode}*, you'd say:

regexp:status{$:/temp/ExampleCodingMode}

In a regular expression you can then say *.** to match anything, as well as
just plain *Completed*, so your new radio button would use .* as the value.
As long as you're just using letters and numbers as the values, you don't
have to do anything special with the other values, but it's possible to get
almost arbitrarily complex with JavaScript regular expressions if you want
to include other combinations.