Hi Diego.
Lot of ambiguous points in your post, but I think it should be pretty
simple once it is clear what you want:

What do you mean with "gets appended to a tiddler" - where? To the tiddlers
title? To the bottom of the tiddler? And yes it can, without a problem, "be
appended" to the current tiddler. And should the timestamp be part of the
string you append?

And what do you mean that you "know it will involve a keyboard widget" -
are you saying you *want* it to? (It certainly doesn't have to). And what
do you mean that the keyboardwidget would do?

<:-)