Hi all

Yet another crazy hair-brained idea of mine.

Use case: you are reading a tiddler that has a lot of links to it. You want
to see the context of a link, but you don't want to leave your place in the
current tiddler. Also, you don't want modal popups.

My idea: a tiddler tagged either $:/tags/SideBar (or
$:/tags/SideBarSegment, if one is using the Customizer plugin) that lists
the title and transcludes the text field of the hard links in, and the
backlinks to, the "target tiddler" (i.e., the tiddler that shows up after
the hashtab in the browser bar). That way you keep your tiddler open and in
place, but can see a scrollable list in the sidebar with the title and text
of all the links and backlinks.

Here is an example of the look and functionality I am imagining:
https://giffmex.org/experiments/l+bl.html

At the very least, if someone could tell me how to parse "target tiddler"
in a list filter, I could experiment on my own.

Alternate idea: A plugin that shows a small icon on hovering near a link in
a tiddler, and when you click on the icon, the title and text of the linked
tiddler appears in a sidebar tab or sidebar segment, and any tiddler that
was there previoulsy in that sidebar viewing area is removed.

Obviously either of these ideas would require a wide screen and a wide
setup for the sidebar. But it would be a nice alternative to the two-column
approach of the Stories plugin for Stroll. It would also mean that the
viewtemplate approach for viewing backlinks (again, Stroll) would be less
necessary. Side by side viewing of tiddlers is better than scrolling to the
bottom of the target tiddler to see what the backlinks are.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, help, snippets or links. Blessings!