I just booted into Windows 10 and experienced the same error. In the case
of one of the image files, it corrected itself after I temporarily changed
the text in the canonical_uri tiddler. But the other two images that I
imported continued to have a non-zero byte file (1kib) in the tiddlers
directory. In addition, there was an oddity that the imported image files
have no mod dates, and so don't appear in the "recent" list.

So I've tried it now on 3 file systems, 3 operating systems and two
different physical machines.

Thanks!