Just a design thought for you.

A "Drop-Zone Bar"  (containing a bunch of ideally-sized drop zones for each
purpose), part of tiddler titles area (just under the title and ViewToolbar
buttons) so that the "Sticky titles" = YES keeps the drop-zone visible for
long tiddlers.

Although, I don't have time to collaborate on this puppy, everything about
it is now percolating in the back of me sponge.

I may have no choice but to scratch that itch with a proof of concept when
I can find some downtime.

Damn it, why must *everything* be interesting to me ...