On Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 1:48:33 AM UTC+2 TW Tones wrote:

In the original post I was placing under consideration the idea that a
> convention would be that a field such as "discussion" may also have a
> discussion_name and  discussion_target field. What ever handling I do for
> "discussion" I can test for the existence or or attempt to get the values
> in one or more "discussion_" fields.

For me this looks like a mechanism, for inheritance. ... Similar to a
possibility to define a field, that behaves like the "tags" field.

eg: my-tags..type: tags .... Which would look up the "setters" and
"getters" from the tags field to read and write there.
similar: due-date..type: date ... Has the same functionality as created and
modified.

So the existence of due-date..type implies the existence of due-date.. and
hides them both from the edit-template.

So due-date..macros: $:/tiddlerName  contains the macros, that are
"inherited"   If ..macros doesn't exist it assumes tha name to be
$:/fields/macros/<type>/ In norm al cases ..macros is used for development
and $:/.. is used for production.

... Just brainstorming

-mario