Incase any windows/hta users still use this:

I've updated this plugin. the source is here:
https://github.com/welford/twexe and you can grab a copy of the updated
plugin from http://welford.github.io/

The big change is that you can run the contents of a tiddler as a batch
file, which should help keep things portable (between machines /
environments, not cross platform).

It will create a temporary twexe.bat file in %TEMP% fill it with the
contents of the tiddler and then run it. You can change the default
temporary location via  $:/plugins/welford/twexe/tmpdir

in the attached image i have two examples, one will run my local node.js
tw, the other just an example batch file that prints hello and the first
arg passed to it.