Just tested and unfortunately not right now.

I have a few places where i call
WshShell.Run( "cmd /c " + path + " " + args ); From a quick google making
the "cmd /c" part call "powershell -File " maybe with some other settings
like -executionpolicy unrestricted.

I know next to nothing about powershell though.

if you take a look
at http://welford.github.io/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fwelford%2Ftwexe%2Ftwexe.js
specifically
TWExeWidget.prototype.runTiddler = function (event) {
TWExeWidget.prototype.openFile = function (event) {

and can give me a working string format for  powershell scripts i can
update the plugin to provide the shell in which it will run via a field.
e.g. twexe_shell: powershell, so that we can support both.