Also quinoid, with similar installation issues:

https://github.com/Marxsal/Quinoid01

There isn't a lot of "reward" in Android development. You do a lot of work,
and then only a handful of people seem to use it. Google keeps changing
their API, but not updating their documentation. You learn one good way to
do something, and then Google takes the method away. The whole structure of
programs is confusing and frustrating. And then there is the problem of
supporting so many versions and devices. My understanding is that it is
much easier to program for Apple products.