On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 9:07:42 AM UTC-5 Cs Molnar wrote:

> I'm still at the beginning but I noticed that the story river is set to
> zoomin mode by default.

Correct, it's not perfect but the feedback I got after the first edition
was that it's less confusing than classic for newbies, and I think that's
probably right.

> However, in this context it might be hard for newcomers to understand what
> do you mean by „open” and „closed” tiddlers. I think it might be hard for
> them to differentiate between tiddlers they don't see because they haven't
> opened them or they don't see because the zoomin mode has hidden them,
> although they are technically  „open”.

Did you watch the tour or read "Structure and navigation" in "How to Use
This Book"? I tried to liken it there to the tabs in your browser...you
can't see them (except in the list of tabs), but they are still clearly
"open" in some meaningful sense.

Also, can you point me to where I was talking about "open" and "closed"
tiddlers? I might be able to clarify things there.

> To tell the truth, in zoomin mode it is pretty useless to look at the
> "open" tab in the sidebar. The tiddlers on this tab are „open” but I can't
> see them. So for me they are still „closed”.

Why is this useless? It's still by far the fastest way to jump between all
the stuff you've been looking at recently.

Thank you for including an „Outline” tiddler and a conventional,
> hierarchical Table of Contents. The official Tiddlywiki homepage is in dire
> need of such a feature. I won't rant on about that here but, in short, I'm
> convinced that Tiddlywiki is not suited for documenting itself. Or, for
> that matter, any technical product (software, user manuals, etc.).

Well, it does have a *Contents *tab in the sidebar with a hierarchical
table of contents! I agree that that table is not all that useful, but I
think that's more because the reference documentation for something like TW
is challenging to divide into a useful hierarchy. For a textbook, it's much
easier because I can come up with an opinionated order in which the reader
can proceed through the book…but that's not so useful for tiddlywiki.com
where the primary use case is people stopping in to look something up.

> Finally, I'm not sure if it's only me, but the internal links have the
> same color as the body text. This way I can easily miss that a text
> contains a link.

I'm guessing this is the fault of your display's color settings. I embedded
the fonts and used only standard CSS colors and hex codes, so it *shouldn't*
look
any different on your machine and it's definitely different on mine in both
light and dark mode. The contrast between the link color and the text color
is a little low, though, especially in dark mode, so I can see how if your
monitor isn't adjusted quite right, it would be hard to see. That's
something I might look into in the future (that's the fault of the TW
palette, not my design, but still my problem!).

I'm also red-green colorblind, so might not see things the same…but that
wouldn't cause any contrast difference between blue and black.