On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 5:56:54 AM UTC-7 Pak wrote:

> Suppose I have 3 tiddlers: tid-thm-a, tid-thm-b, tid-thm-c I would like to
> transclude them in a tiddler so that it displays the following:
> Theorem 1. (optional caption) (...contents in tid-thm-a... displayed in
> block mode, but the first line should be on the same line as Theorem 1}
> Theorem 2. (optional caption) (...contents in tid-thm-b... displayed in
> block mode, but the first line should be on the same line as Theorem 2}
> Theorem 3. (optional caption) (...contents in tid-thm-c... displayed in
> block mode, but the first line should be on the same line as Theorem 3}
>
> 1. How do I make x run as a counter?
> 2. The contents of transcluded tiddlers appear on the next line, not after
> the word Theorem x.

Give this a try:
.theorems
   { counter-reset: num; }
.theorem::before
   { counter-increment: num; content: "Theorem " counter(num) "."; }
   <$list filter="tid-thm-a tid-thm-b tid-thm-c">
         <$view field=caption/>
   </$list>

Notes:
* The "theorems" class resets the counter named "num" to 0
* The "theorem" class increments the num counter and displays the "Theorem
X." text
* I put the transcluded content within a blockquote just to make it look
nicer

enjoy,
-e