On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 9:16:05 AM UTC-7 Eric Shulman wrote:

> On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 5:56:54 AM UTC-7 Pak wrote:
>
>> Suppose I have 3 tiddlers: tid-thm-a, tid-thm-b, tid-thm-c I would like
>> to transclude them in a tiddler so that it displays the following:
>> Theorem 1. (optional caption) (...contents in tid-thm-a... displayed in
>> block mode, but the first line should be on the same line as Theorem 1}
>> Theorem 2. (optional caption) (...contents in tid-thm-b... displayed in
>> block mode, but the first line should be on the same line as Theorem 2}
>> Theorem 3. (optional caption) (...contents in tid-thm-c... displayed in
>> block mode, but the first line should be on the same line as Theorem 3}

Addendum: I re-read the description of your desired layout.  My previous
solution didn't put the tiddler contents on the same line as the "Theorem
X."  heading.

Here's an updated solution that achieves the layout you described:

.theorems
   { counter-reset: num; }
.theorem::before
   { counter-increment: num; content: "Theorem " counter(num) ".";
float:left; }
   <$list filter="tid-thm-a tid-thm-b tid-thm-c">
field=caption/>)</span> <$transclude mode="block"/>
   </$list>

Notes:
* Added "float:left;" to the "theorem" class, so that it will appear before
the caption text
* Added "float:left;padding:0 0.5em" around the caption text so that it
will appear before the tiddler content
* Use of these two floats allows the first line of the tiddler content to
appear on the same line as the "Theorem X." heading