I've figured it out.

The shadow tiddler
'$:/config/ViewToolbarButtons/Visibility/$:/plugins/BTC/PrintRiver/ui/Buttons/print-window'

was set to 'hide'.
After I set it to 'show' as in the original tiddlywiki on
'https://burningtreec.github.io/tiddlywiki-printriver/', the printer icon
is visible and I can click on it.

This plugin is very valuable for me, because I often need to create a
pdf-report from my tiddlers and this is up to now the best way to do it.
The config-options are very welcome. :-)
Again thank you very much!

>>>  Oh, and leave me a Star on GitHub
<https://github.com/BurningTreeC/tiddlywiki-printriver> if you like it :)
Done. :-)