Thanks for engaging, Saq: responses inline below.

On Friday, June 18, 2021 at 6:53:51 PM UTC+1 saq.i...@gmail.com wrote:

> Crude, but effective enough, albeit with some editing overhead in TW that
>> it would be nice to eliminate.  Am starting to explore the possibilities of
>> Logseq as a potential Dynalist replacement; it does outlining in much the
>> same way, but has some interesting export functions, including JSON and
>> Roam JSON.  If there were a way in TW to import such exports and convert
>> them into proper tiddlers... That would be amazing!
>>

> It is definitely doable. How useful such an import is will depend on what
> kind of features/markup you are using in those systems and how well they
> would translate to wikitext. Converting pure text though is very straight
> forward.

It is mostly plain text, but for Markdown formatting ( which I could live
without) and links- formatted like [Google](https:// Google.com) -which
would need conversion to [[wikilinks form|https://google.com]].

>> If anyone else has got some other solution for agile NoteTaking that
>> integrates nicely with TiddlyWiki for NoteMaking, i'd be very interested to
>> hear about it.
>>

> To this end, it would be interesting to understand what features or
> workflow in Dynalist (or Logseq) make it better for note taking (vs
> TiddlyWiki) in your experience.

Essentially it’s about speed and portability, traversing/ elaborating/
reorganizing outlines as fast as fingers can type, and context switching
from local desktop to mobile phone in the field ( i.e. cloud) many times
per day without a hitch.  If this is possible in TW, I’d love to know how…
But i think it’s a case of architectures that are optimized for different
things, don’t you think?

/walt