Amen, @TT: machine models are all too simplistic, AFAICT, forcing us to
choose between either hierarchical (I.e. outlining) or network (I.e.
wiki-weaving) mode, while reality calls for sometimes one modality and
sometimes the other, depending on the context.

A corresponding dichotomy that has gained currency among cognitive
theorists wants us to decide: are you an Architect or a Gardener? I for one
am both, in fact - and i think I’m not the only one!

/walt