Ciao Walt ,
*(my emphasis)*
ludwa6 wrote:

> machine models ... forcing us to *choose between either hierarchical
> (I.e. outlining) or network (I.e. wiki-weaving) mode, ... *reality calls
> for sometimes one ... and sometimes the other ...
>
> A corresponding dichotomy ... among cognitive theorists wants us to
> decide: *are you an Architect or a Gardener?*
>

> *I for one am both, in fact - and i think I’m not the only one!*

TBH, I think that is very accurate to both the situation and the
problematic.

In TW's favor I find it very usefully AGNOSTIC in architecture.
It is NOT, in its deep code, UNLIKE many apps, committed to any particular
theory of knowing.
Basically, you can get it to work (with WORK :-) in support of many ways of
recording info that are "cognitively-compliant to me!".

Best wishes
TT