On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 4:04:14 AM UTC-7 merry.ma...@gmail.com wrote:

> Now doing this <<list-links [field:father-id[634750-LiR]]>>
> Works to retrieve the children of Robert Smith. However, that involves
> manually typing in Robert Smith's id. Instead I want something like
> this: <<list-links [field:father-id[{{!!id}}]]>>
> But that doesn't work...

When specifying the parameter value for a filter operator, *the type of
brackets indicate the kind of parameter value* you are using:

square brackets are for *literal* values,  e.g.
[field:father-id[634750-LiR]]
angle brackets are for *variable* values, e.g.,
[field:father-id<somevariable>]
curly braces are for *field references*, e.g.,  [field:father-id{!!id}]

Also note that within filter syntax, use *single* brackets/braces, rather
than the *doubled* brackets/braces that are used within regular wiki text
syntax;
i.e., [634750-LiR] instead of [[634750-LiR]], <somevariable> instead of
<<somevariable>>, and {!!id}} instead of {{!!id}}

enjoy,
-e