Whoops, sent the previous message before finishing it:

> That is definitely a nice idea. I wonder if we might take it a step
> further and just drop the last word (which may be incomplete). This is
> untested:

 <$text text={{{
> [<display-title>length[]compare:number:lt[40]then<display-title>]
> ~[<display-title>split[]first[40]join[]trim[]search-replace:g:regexp[(.*)\s(\w+)$],[$1]]
> }}}/>
> What do you think?

I did consider this, but I'm actually not sure which way looks better. I
don't think that cutting off an incomplete word half way through looks bad,
and I might even prefer it, though I couldn't say why. Possibly just
because that's what windows explorer does so I'm just used to it.