I guess it's a matter of aesthetics, or maybe it's for another plugin
all together, but I'm throwing out this idea;

Expand the concept to become a kind of semi-visual boolean filter for
tags, i.e other than just the current "AND" operator, start off the
drop down tags list by listing the basic boolean operators, including
brackets, as options to choose from. Then instead of just listing the
chosen tags (with the current implied AND between them), show the full
expression. A bit like modern calculators. If no booleans are chosen,
then AND is the presumed default (and a NOT for excludeLists).
Perhaps a little slider as the first list element in the tags drop
down list, that expands into this boolean list.

I guess I'm also suggesting this to Mr.ELS (or anyone else) as an
optional interface for matchtagsplugin?

Just an idea. I'm tired, LOL.

Thanks for making this available FND!