This is where I think relink can make people lazy. The unique key to a
tiddler is the title, but it is so easy to change the key, which is a
powerful benefit but there are a subset of situations where changing the
key needs further thought.

If relink just "handles it", we may just forget the impact of a change,
Apart even from external links there is a historical event involved in
Bombay to Mumbai. As Charlie said SERIOUS IMPLICIT KNOWLEDGE, This change
supports my approach which is to avoid loosing information. In this case if
you simply renamed you loose the old name. So if renaming results in lost
of information further steps should be taken.

Perhaps logging renames in a data tiddler that is searchable would offer a
level of record, so that a search returns something like *Mumbai (Bombay)*
if this was confirmed,  or *Mumbai (Bombay)? *if not confirmed. Perhaps we
could use Mario's alias plugin or similar tools to somewhat automate this.
I doubt capturing all title renames even over a long period would consume
much space.

Tones