Charlie,

I am all for diversity and different ways about thinking.  It keeps the
world rich and interesting and a great source of new and innovative ideas.
Perhaps you take my use of the work lazy differently or too seriously. As
an information and knowledge management professional, I come across lazy
all the time. An example would be not finding the correct place to put
something in a document library, or deciding not to fill in the metadata
when requested, information known to the person, but they "cant be
bothered", then they come to me when they have lost the document or cant
tell which is the most current etc...

Since the availability of relink, one could always make use of it, to
maintain references rather than develop good naming standards, which
without relink we had to do well, to avoid renames. When we are given
things on a platter we tend to forget how we could go into the kitchen and
make anything we want. Once again it is horses for courses, and what I do
is different to what other people do. If one uses *relink and good naming
standards* then perfect, however we (including myself) can rely on relink
to fix our mistakes, so sometimes I am lazy with my names. I expect others
to do this as well.

However since now I have highlighted this, I am aware of the possibility
and hope to avoid and overreliance on relink, or degrade my naming
standards.

By the way humanity is only where it is today technologically, because of
our desire to be lazy in one way or another and as in the book "thinking
fast and slow" describes, there is a real value and incentive to avoid the
"slow thinking", yet we neglect it at our peril.

Interesting discussion
Tones