Give this a try:

Copy the following tiddlers into your own TW document:

https://tiddlytools.com/edit-list.html#TiddlyTools%2FMacros%2Fedit-list
https://tiddlytools.com/edit-list.html#TiddlyTools%2FSettings%2FColors%2FX11Names
https://tiddlytools.com/edit-list.html#TiddlyTools%2FMacros%2Fedit-list%2FColorEditTemplate

The ColorEditTemplate uses this macro:
<<edit-list field:color colors:yes find:yes focusPopup:yes
placeholder:"select a color"
filter:[{TiddlyTools/Settings/Colors/X11Names}]>>

Notes:
* *field:color* targets the "color" field of the tiddler
* *colors:yes* shows the list items using their color values as the
background of each item
* *find:yes* progressively filters the list for partial matches as you type
in a color name
* *focusPopup:yes* automatically shows the list of colors when the color
field gets focus
* *filter:[{TiddlyTools/Settings/Colors/X11Names}]* uses a list of standard
X11 color names

Also note that the ColorEditTemplate *doesn't automatically hide the TWCore
default color field* RGB color picker interface.
To hide the default RBG color picker, create a tiddler named
*$:/config/EditTemplateFields/Visibility/color* with contents of *hide*

Let me know how it goes...

enjoy,
-e