On Monday, July 26, 2021 at 12:10:01 AM UTC-7 TW Tones wrote:

> If you area interested for a future enhancement, this is very appropriate
> to the edit-list widget, I would think it somewhat trivial each time the
> value of a field is selected/set to record it in a data tiddler so we can
> get the most recently used values, perhaps lifting it to the top of the
> list, so we get the possible values in order of use frequency (as the
> history list does).

Hmm...  it may be possible to use such a field/value "history" tiddler to
create a self-modifying use of edit-list, where values that are entered by
hand are then automatically added to the list filter, so that the next time
you use that specific edit-list instance, the list contains all the
previously entered values.  One problem I anticipate is that it may create
a "refresh loop", so it might only be practical to do this when using the
confirm:yes option, as it defers the actual updating of the stored value
until after the "save" button is pressed.

Let me think about this for while.  I'd like to ensure that the current
implementation is stable and reasonably bug free before I dive into adding
such a significant new feature.

-e