Hi Tones,

Thanks again for looking into this. Please forgive my fault of not making
my point clear. My hope is to make the table cells auto-update themselves
with both text and format. So far I find the list-link to be quite
convenient as it allows me to assign values to the caption field and
control the layout. For instance, my tiddler titled "Cedric Richmond
(D-LA)" is assigned a caption field "//Cedric Richmond//,,Afro,,", so
whenever the list-link widget calls for this tiddler in a table cell, it
will show as a link with the desired format. If the chair changes from
Cedric Richmond to Joni Ernst, I only need to edit Cedric Richmond's office
field (e.g. of1[27341089]), transfer the value to Joni Ernst's office field
entry, and put "__Joni Ernst__,,Female,," in her caption field, and many
different tables involving these tiddlers will all auto-update. If Cedric
Richmond wins the chair seat back again, I only need to alter the office
field without touching the captions. Better still, since I have a
consistent set of rules on formatting, I only need to assign a fixed value
to the caption field and there is no need of further updates.

The list widget so far seems not to be able to do this. Its formatting
process requires me to manually set the format for each table as it only
regulates the format of the <<currentTiddler>>, but as the called
<<currentTiddler>> changes, its format may also need to change. So when
Joni Ernst succeeds Cedric Richmond, I need to go back to each table, and
change the codes from <$link> ''//{{!!title}}//,,Afro,,''</$link> to <$link>
''__{{!!title}}__,,Female,,''</$link>w. And if Cedric Richmond wins the
chair back later, I need to again go back to these tables and change the
codes again, which contravenes my hope of making the tables auto-update
themselves without manually visiting each and every of them.

Given these , would it be possible to find a simple tweak to the list-link
macro's template so that I can get rid of the bullet point in my
tiddlywiki? I figure this might be the easiest route but don't know how to
do it. I could also be completely wrong and would appreciate any help you
patiently lend.

Best
Harry

在2021年7月25日星期日 UTC-4 上午1:39:36<TW Tones> 写道: