@fred

> Everything I have tried works but it seems the node still doesn't reflect
> its new (merged) content; escaping and double clicking to edit again then
> reflects the new content. It feels like I activate the node's edit mode
> before the changes have taken place even if the code had the sequence in
> the right order. Is it a rendering timing issue?

When a streams node is presented in edit mode, the core edit-widget that
creates the input field gets focus. The edit-widget will not update its
content while it has focus. This I believe was implemented in this manner
in the core so that refreshes while typing would not lead to data loss or
the input field suddenly changing while typing.

So it does sound like the node is switched to edit mode too early. The
timing of actions within a single block of action strings is a bit tricky
to work with in such situations. I have had issues in the past with the
opposite, where the editing input field doesn't yet exist when I try to
focus it with an action string. If you have code that I can look at, I may
be able to suggest workarounds.

Saq