So it turns out you don't need Enterprise to have 1000 members. You can get
premium, and then pay the 4c per user additional fee. So that makes the
yearly cost $440. Not that I'm promoting it, necessarily.

My main point is that most of the prior conversations assumed zero cost
forum solutions. There wasn't a whole lot of exploration of low-cost
solutions.

Discourse seems nice, though we can't really test it's ability to
dumpster-dive yet. But I'm not sure it's $5/month nicer than GG. At the end
of the day, it's just a forum. I suspect that after a few months, and it
doesn't seem so shiny any more, that others will feel the same way.