Is it possible, without a lot of trouble, to make a left column with links
(maybe other stuff) defined in a tiddler, as in Classic?  That was one
important feature making TW useful to me. I switched to TW5 about two years
ago, due to TWC no longer being able to save changes. I miss the usefulness
of having a fixed place with quick ways to get to important everyday
tiddlers.  Is there a plugin or some settings to create this feature in
TW5?

(You'd think other would want this too, but I find a search brings up only
a few brief mentions, no how-to.)