FWIW, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a wiki I'm testing it on. BUT
my original wiki is a 5.1.24-prerelease and when I test it, I get problems
both on 5.2.0 and the  5.2.1-prerelease. I have the following tiddler:

tags: $:/tags/ViewTemplate
text:
<$list filter="""[tag[Moment]tagging[]] :filter[match<currentTiddler>]""">
''Syfte'': {{!!syfte}}<br>
</$list>

In my 5.1.24-prerelease it behaves like I want, i.e it checks if the
current tiddlers name matches a limited set of titles and only then
displays the content. But on 5.2.0 and also 5.2.1-prerelease, it seems
*every* tiddler passes the filter, thus displaying the content.

I note that the filter operator docs
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#filter%20Operator> states that this operator was
introduced in 5.1.23 and then also some further feature in 5.2.0. Maybe I
snatched a copy just before a bug was introduced? Is this even relevant for
the OP in this thread? Am I misunderstanding something about my own filter?
Am I just confused? Who am I anyway? Where are my slippers?

<:-)