Does anyone have a solution for this yet?

I'm looking for a way to save tiddlywiki as individual tiddlers directly to
git and GitHub (where the built-in GitHub saver saves the single-file
tiddlywiki to a git service).

The single-file tiddlywiki doesn't track well in git, with big diffs for
small core changes. It's also hard to trace back which tiddlers were
changed, and autosave seems to push empty commits.

Locally, the node.js version could be made to save to a git repo, perhaps
using a library like https://isomorphic-git.org, with changes staged
locally until a 'save' commits them. Seems like it could work from
single-file too, via browser storage?

I'm considering a hacky workaround for now; using the single file GitHub
saver to trigger a GitHub action which runs node.js tiddlywiki to explode
out the tiddlers and commit them. The single-file commit can be removed if
used solely for saving. Then it'd be handy to have the opposite action too
-> build a single-file from the tiddlers.

This'd be less needed if the single-file tiddlywiki format was more
diff-able, so maybe that's an option too.

Any thoughts?