I personally use the file upload plugin
<https://opencollective.com/tiddlywiki-file-upload> to send individual
tiddlers to GitHub, I made a button for it on my wiki :
https://Telumire.github.io/TiddlyTweaks/index.html#:%5B%5BSend%20tiddler%20with%20file%20upload%5D%5D

\whitespace trim
\define tiddler-attr()[[$(currentTiddler)$]]
<$button class="tc-btn-invisible" tooltip="send this tiddler with file
upload">
<$list
filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-icons>match[yes]]+[<currentTiddler>!has[_canonical_uri]]"

variable=_>
{{$:/plugins/commons/file-uploads/images/upload}}

<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-upload-tiddlers" $param=<<tiddler-attr>>
/>

</$list>
<$list
filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-icons>match[yes]]+[<currentTiddler>has[_canonical_uri]]"

variable=_>
<a class="tc-tiddlylink" title="open source file"
href={{{[<_>get[_canonical_uri]]}}}>{{$:/core/images/globe}}</a>
</$list>
<$list filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-text>match[yes]]">
<$text text=" "/>
<$text text="Send with file upload"/>
</$list>
</$button>

However the plugin will delete the content of your tiddler and attempt to
link to the hosted file trough the  _canonical_uri field, so I use it only
for image tiddlers.
I'm sure you can find a workaround ?