Secret-HQ ha scritto:
OTHER STRANGENESS:

Also, those custom highlights I mentioned earlier?  This is them:

/* STATUS STYLES */
// These styles are used to indicate whether I want files, have them
(and can't find them), or need to replace them with newer versions.
.want {color:#000; background-color:#f75;}
.find {color:#000; background-color:#f89;}
.upgrade {color:#000; background-color:#aff;}

The .find and .upgrade styles work fine since switching to IE8
rendering in Maxthon — and they seem to work fine in FF and Opera, too
— but the .want style is ignored entirely.  I've tried renaming it in
case of conflicts, moving it to another position in the StyleSheet,
and re-typing it in case of odd characters, but any content wrapped in
it just won't display the style.

Sometimes, comments in stylesheet tiddlers cause the first style in every section to be ignored.

If you put a dummy style before it and the style works, that's your case:
.foo {color:#000;}
.want {color:#000; background-color:#f75;}

To avoid that, comment your stylesheet tiddler in this way (see also: http://tiddlywiki.org/wiki/Dev:Comments):
/***
STATUS STYLES
These styles are used to indicate whether I want files, have them
(and can't find them), or need to replace them with newer versions.
***/
/*{{{*/
.want {color:#000; background-color:#f75;}
.find {color:#000; background-color:#f89;}
.upgrade {color:#000; background-color:#aff;}
/*}}}*/

bye
--
tiziano de togni