> Sometimes, comments in stylesheet tiddlers cause the first style in
> every section to be ignored.

A-HA!  Tiziano, I could kiss you!

My sloppy comment syntax seems to be at the root of most of these
strange behaviors.  It even explains why my inital efforts to float a
table to the right (and implement everyone else's suggestions) kept
going awry.

Silly me, I'd been assuming all that switching back and forth between
/***
comments
***/
and
/*{{{*/
styles
/*}}}*/
was just to make style sheets easier to reader in view mode.

::eyeroll::

Good to know just where I've been thick for the last couple of
months.  Now all I have to do is fight the urge to blow off work
tonight and fix up all my TW style sheets!