I appreciate the idea of having a field that tells where's the translation.
The table approach is elegant, yet I guess it's difficult to make just one
half of the table (the Français part in the example) editable.

To clarify a bit more, here's my imagined workflow:

1. Open the source tiddler.

2. Click a button say called "Translate this tiddler".

3. Now a new tiddler with identical content to the source tiddler is
displayed to the right of the source tiddler. The default title will be
"Title of source tiddler-Translation 1". Suppose I will translate the title
into another language. A link to the source tiddler is automatically filled
in a custom field say called "Source Tiddler:".

4. Start translation by leaving the source tiddler in VIEW mode but the
translation tiddler in EDIT mode.

5. When I open a tiddler with a translation for viewing, there's an
additional button called "View translation". (so there will be two buttons
"Translate this tiddler" and "View translation")

Further enhancements may be to ensure that both source tiddler and
translation tiddler are linked some way that modifying title of one of them
will not break the linkage.

Claudio