On Aug 5, 12:33 am, Måns <humam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe off topic - however related:
> Are you considering to replace the icons with some of your awesome
> artwork from the TiddlySpace iconproject?? - It would be great to be
> able to style jQSorter to your hearts content - or maybe just have
> text as replacement for the imageattachments - which in turn might
> reduce the sum of tiddlers needed for the plugin to work..
If you have a look at this png
http://a-pm-experimental.tiddlyspot.com/#ui-icons_222222_256x240.png
you will see, the number of icons, which it contains. about 180. The
size of the tiddler is ~7000 byte. 1 small svg glyph is about 500
byte. and it is 1 tiddler for 1 icon. The png is 1 png for 180 icons.
I think it would rather adding complexity, than remove it.

But ... It would be a nice exercise to think about a replacement for a
css sprite with svg ...

On the other hand, the jQueryUI is cross browser compatible (I think).
svg isn't, at the moment.

> Thanks a lot for looking into this - it's a great and very usefull
> plugin!! -
thx
>It's just the complexity of having to install a lot of
> tiddlers which might scare some people from using it/trying it out -
> Your documentation needs to be updated to include ALL neccesary
> tiddlers - or even better cook it down to a few..
> On the other hand. If you create a tiddlySpace for the jQSorterPlugin
> all TiddlySpaceusers can include that space to be able to use the
> plugin right?
This would be a possibility. I'll think about this.
May be it comes along with the xList macro and its helpers :)

-m