Hi all:

In some tiddlers, there just isn't a good place to put a section
header, but you still want to create a reference
to a specific sentence, paragraph or description item in the tiddler.
I can add:

and reference it from within that tiddler using

But I can't use the anchor if it's in a different tiddler.

What are the downsides of modifying the handling of [[link|
TiddlerName##section title]] to:

* if "section title" exists as a section title in TiddlerName, jump to
that
* if "section title" doesn't exist as a section title, look for an
anchor with the name "section title" in TiddlerName and if it exists,
jump to there
* if neither exist jump to the beginning of the TiddlerName

For use in <<tiddler TiddlerName##section title>> I guess the same
algorithm could be used, but I am not sure how useful it would be for
named anchors as I am not sure what happens:

Is that an addressable item in jQuery? If so and I can do a jQuery('a
[name="texthere"]').text() or
some such then it could replace the functionality of the
PartTiddlerPlugin.
Adding Eric's AliasPlugin to reduce the typing to <<a texthere>> ...
<</a>> would be a trivial exercise
at that point.

-- rouilj

Quips, comments, evasions, questions or answers anyone?