On Aug 9, 10:58 am, Eric Shulman <elsdes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tobias Beer:
> > I guess you can't just break the html code the way you did by
> > splitting the opening tag and the closing tag into different <html>
> > sections. I would guess that whatever tag you open in one html section
> > must be closed in the same... or, if not, this automatically happens.
>
> You are correct.  Each <html>...</html> block is processed separately
> by the browser's rendering engine, so that any matched "open/close"
> HTML tags syntax must occur within the same block.

Yeah I sort of figured. It makes sense, just wish it worked some other
way.

Eric, what do you think of extending the ## syntax to match name=
anchors (and I
guess in newer browsers arbitrary id= can also be targeted using the
fragment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragment_identifier).

With the caveat that it works only for links and not for
<<tiddler ...>> calls.
Unless there is a tiddlywiki way to add an id attribute to a div/span
in which case
the <html></html> hack isn't needed and including text with an id is
reasonable.

-- rouilj